Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Wknd Asgn #65: Summer Song Dedications



I love singing....

Cause I'm Already Gone....
Woo hoo hoo

Ok, John wants some
summer song dedications so I'll start with my little niece. I dedicated "I like to Move it, Move it" to her since she sings it...all the time...since she saw the Madagascar movie a few weeks ago. Actually, just going to the website for the URL I was dancing in my chair...3:40am & its got me going! ;-) I know what she'll be getting for her B-day in a few weeks...good I can use it too! Ha!



Now my older niece just turned 14 yrs old & will be starting high school in the fall. Ahhh...what a summer for her! It will be a big transition. I think back to the music I listened to & what I was doing at 14 yrs old & I don't think I want her to be 14! Ha! I'm surprised how our parents were then, but then again it was a very different time. Heck, I should of tried to get away with more, now that I think about it! HA! Lets see when I was 14 yrs old I won
ELO tickets on WLS radio station and a t-shirt & their New World Record "Album!" This was the one with "Livin Thing". I just bought a "best of" CD with 29 of their songs! We'll see if she likes them! BTW...I should add that my mom's cousin told her that the theater the concert was in was sooo horrble..."they smoke pot there!" I thought I was going to die when my folks would not let me go to the concert! They gave the tickets to 2 of the teenage boys next door...I had 4...too old! They brought me back another t-shirt that had a decal so thick it was like wearing armour! I think I still have them! Ha...then my brother & I take my niece to Stevie Nicks & Don Henley on Father's Day! Ha! Well it was pretty tame!

My niece wants to be a vet & will be visiting with my "babies" vet in a few weeks. I'm hoping it will give her motivation for school or at least tell her this is not it & open her up to the other possibilities. Actually I wish I was going to spend the day at the vet too! :-) To her I dedicate ELO's "
Hold On Tight". Some of the lyrics:

When you get so down that you can't get up
And you want so much but you're all out of luck
When you're so downhearted and misunderstood
Just over & over & over you could

When you need a shoulder to cry on
When you get so sick of trying
Just hold tight to your dream




Well John, I can't remember anyone ever dedicating a song to me but then again, my memory may be going? Maybe someday! I will dedicate one to myself this summer. There are so many & I was actually logging summer songs from the 70s off the AOL radio before you assigned this. So many different aspects of yourself etc. As I think back to when I was 14 yrs old & then from that point on, summer was about fun, sometimes stupid fun...Ha!...but also about love! "Summer Lovin...had me a blast!" (Grease!) :-) So I will dedicate "
Annie's Song" for some summer potential! ;-)

Come let me love you
Let me give my life to you
Let me drown in your laughter
Let me die in your arms
Let me lay down beside you
Let me always be with you
Come let me love you
Come love me again



And while many have been dedicating "
I Hope You Dance" to their daughters, I would like to dedicate it to all the past men in my life. Like there have been 100s! Right! Look at the lyrics....it still applies!

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Living might mean taking chances
But they're worth taking
Lovin' might be a mistake
But it's worth making
Don't let some hell bent heart
Leave you bitter
When you come close to selling out
Reconsider

May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small
When you stand by the ocean
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
Promise me you'll give fate a fighting chance

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
Dance
I hope you dance
I hope you dance
(Time is a real and constant motion always)
I hope you dance
(Rolling us along)
I hope you dance
(Tell me who)
(Wants to look back on their youth and wonder)
I hope you dance
(Where those years have gone)



And I hope Everyone's Spirit Dances Freely this Summer! :-)

No comments: