Tuesday, June 28, 2005

John & His Photo Shoot!

John & his darn photo shoot! Man, looking at all those entries last night got me thinking of one of my favorite pasta dishes & I had to have it today. I try not to eat pasta too often, but this year with my foot & back problems I've not been as good. It is easy to make.

This is the pasta dish I got from one of my friends a few years ago. Well, actually I changed it a bit! She didn't have shrimp in it & I just had to add that! (Read my Monday Photo Shoot) She originally also had pieces of cucumber & green pepper in it & Italian dressing. I had been using the Asian Dressing from Panera Bread but they stopped selling it! Mental note...write Panera again & complain! I'm soooo upset! I love their Asian Chicken Salad! Tonight I used Paul Newman's Low Fat Sesame Ginger dressing & it is pretty good. You can use shell pasta or anything really!

I have made this for work & my colleagues go nuts! They find me & thank me! Track me down even in the bathroom...well the guys wait outside the door! Sometimes I don't get any! It is a nice cold pasta salad for anytime but especially for summer.PICNICS!!! You can make it & leave it in the fridge for kids when they get home from school or your significant other getting home from work before you, or just if you don't want to cook the next day! :-)

Of course Dusty likes when I make it too because he gets some "shrimpies!" :-)

Basic Recipe:

* Black Olives
* Grape Tomatoes
* Shrimp
* Pasta
* Italian Dressing
* Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese

Have fun deleting & adding whatever you like. It would be cool if someone does alter a bit to post your own journal & add to the comments here!

Enjoy!

Hey - Today in the NY Times an article on Summer Pasta Salads! I scooped them! :-)

No comments: