Wednesday, June 1, 2005

My Summer Reading List

   

Well as I try out some Paul Newman Lemonade (not too bad...tart but still sweet!) and contemplate what I want to do with my summer, one thought is I never get to read enough! I always want to read so many books and throughout the year I have "hills & valleys"...I'll start reading before I go to bed & then depending upon what is going on in my life I get so busy & tired that I stop for a while. I have many books bought that I haven't even read yet...so this summer one of the things on "my list of things to do" is to READ! (This is besides clean the closets, garage etc) So I thought I'd share with you some of the books I'm currently reading & those on the "waiting list" here. Perhaps you'll have read them & want to share your thoughts or maybe it will give you a title you might think about reading this summer. The ones with a * I am currrently reading now. I'll update this blog as I finish & start new ones! Check back later! ~ I met these authors! + Guy who built the House on the Rock in WI! I was out there a few years ago...so cool!

Blue is completed!

Still Me - Christopher Reeve *
Nothing is Impossible - Christopher Reeve *
Ask Me Again Tomorrow - Olympia Dukaksi
My Stroke of Luck  - Kirk Douglas
The Myth of Laziness - Dr. Mel Levine ~
Ready or Not Here Life Comes - Dr. Mel Levine ~
A Mind At A Time - Dr. Mel Levine * ~
Kate Remembered (Hepburn) - A. Scott Berg
Me: Stories of My Life - Katharine Hepburn *
A Remarkable Women (Hepburn) - Anne Edwards
Intuition - Dr. David Myers *
The Art of Happiness - Dalai Lama & Dr. Howard C. Cutler *
Because of Romek: A Holocaust Survivor's Memoir - David Faber ~
'Tis Herself - Maureen O'Hara *
Alex Jordan: Architect of His Own Dream - Doug Moe + 

6/4: blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking - Malcolm Gladwell
         NOTE: I got a 20% B&N coupon in the emai soI went to get a 30% book & then I'd  
get my 10% 
                     membership off too. Love those bargains! I've heard it is great!

6/11: Went & did some outlet shopping with some friends & got the following to add:

Possessing Genuis - The Bizzare Odyssey of Einstein's Brain - Carolyn Abraham
Katharine Hepburn - Barbara Leaming
Shattered Loved  - Richard Chamberlain
It's Always Something (Audiobook) - Gilida Radner

7/24: Sark's New Book Came Out!

Sark's New Creative Companion - Ways To Free Your Creative Spirit *  ~

* I think I need a longer summer! :-)

Well I think that is good for now that is 15 books. Heck if I got those done I'd be thrilled! Lets see how many I can do. Ya, they are light reads, well Dr. Levines & Dr. Myers is a bit heavier but I just want to relax & enjoy. I'll have some heavier articles to read in between I'm sure. If I forgot some I'll add it later. I think there may be some others??? I'm just not a person who can read just 1 book through before I start another. It depends what I'm in the mood for on any particular day. Christopher Reeve's books are very inspiring but are quite difficult to hear about what actually happened. I had no clue his skull was literally detached from his spine! Did you know that? No one has had done what he had done to him & he only had a 50/50 chance to survive the surgery. So then I read a bit & have to read something a bit lighter.

So what are you currently reading or recommend? What do you want to read?

No comments: