Tuesday, July 15, 2008


I'm soooo EXCITED!!!! I guess it takes very little to excite me but...

The
25th Anniversary showing of War Games is July 24th (next Thurs!) I already called my brothers & they are checking their calendars. I knew they would be interested. I love the movie! I watch it whenever it is on tv! I remember when I was in college..OMG...yes it has been that long then too! YIPES! Well it came out the year I started college but still. I remember we got it at our student union theater & man I went to see it each time. I can't remember how many seats they had? Maybe 75? I don't know but it was like 95% guys in there & that was nice! Ha! So many great lines...

What kind of an asshole lives on an island and he doesn't even have a boat? 

No, I can't, okay, Wonder Woman? I can't swim!
Well, what kind of an asshole grows up in Seattle and doesn't even know how to swim?

All right, Lightman. Maybe you can tell us who first suggested the idea of reproduction without sex. 
Um, your wife?

Mr. McKittrick, after very careful consideration, sir, I've come to the conclusion that your new defense system sucks.  (Boy things have not changed much today huh!)

Goddammit, I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it'd do any good!

He wasn't very old.
No, he was pretty old. He was 41.
Oh yeah? Oh, that's old.  (Boy at the time I thought that was funny...now I find it sick! HA!)

I loved it when you nuked Las Vegas. Suitably biblical ending to the place, don't you think?

This corn is raw!
I know, isn't it wonderful? It's so crisp!
Of course it's crisp! It's raw! 
No, it's terrific! You can just taste the Vitamin A and D!
Could we have pills and cook the corn? (God I'm still laughing at that!)


Good stuff...HA! I can't wait to go! See now I'd think this was a romantic date...ha! Ok, so it could be after but it is a fun one first! HA! I miss my college days...they were so much fun and relaxing..hmmm probably didn't think that then but in retrospect HA! It was great though. What do they say about it wasted on the youth HA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stopping in to wish you a good rest of the week!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Yep, that was a good movie, red dawn was also a good one