Thursday, December 27, 2007

We Still Believe!


~ More Info on book ~

Hi Everyone!

I returned home yesterday from being at the folks since last Sat. Sat. my cousin's son got married & perhaps I'll post on that later, but I quickly wanted to tell you a bit about Christmas. I have 2 nieces, 1 is 10 1/2 yrs old & the other will be 17 very soon. The 10 1/2 yr old (my little niece) stayed with us from Fri through Christmas Eve evening. I was thrilled to know she still believed in Santa. I keep hoping to get one more year. My guess is this may be the last & if it is, it was one to remember! :-)

My niece had read these two books in the bookstore 2 weeks ago & so I surprised her with them to read the night before Santa came. (Check out some of the pages!) Santa comes at my folks for Christmas Eve morning and comes to her mommy's house on Christmas morning! Well, preparing for Santa's arrival was really something this year. She put out 4 soft batch cookies and chocolate milk on a snowman tray with a matching snowman plate & glass. Then very alarmingly my little niece said she had to have carrots for the reindeer. I shook my head & said "Ok, that is fine". She then proceeded to yell down to Pappa, who was on the computer, and ask "Pappa, how many reindeer are there?" Pappa, who knows all things Santa, quickly said 9 finding the question very interesting! :-) She then got out the big bag of mini carrots & counted out 9 carefully. She then had to make sure & count them again. Then she told me we had to have a small baggie for Santa to take them up the Chimney with him to feed them along the way. :-) I'm just loving all this logic she is using! :-) She wrote a note to Santa about the carrots.

We then proceeded to get into bed & read some more of the Santa book. I learned sooooo much! Santa has Stealth abilities & a skid silencer! :-) He uses fairy dust & magic feathers to make sure children are sleeping. Well...that helps! So I got my mom's Victoria Secret shimmer brush & made sure she had fairy dust on her in the morning! :-) Santa apparently eats one cookie but then brings the rest back for the Elve's party! Hmmm! He also apparently likes Cheese Sandwiches! Well! So next year Santa has to have a cheese sandwich she said! :-) The book is really very lovely, talking about how his suit was made...we found out that it keeps him warm in the cold countries but cool in the hot countries...I never even thought about that before I read it...how pathetic! HA!

Well, Santa ate one cookie, making a bit of crumb mess since he wears mittens! He did take the rest of the cookies for the Elves Party. (Yes, just emailed my dad in what cabinet to find the 3 left cookies so no mice come! HA!) Then he did feed the reindeer the carrots and as you can imagine flying & eating carrots in the wind etc is a bit messy so they got all kinds of carrot crumbs on the deck! :-) Santa loved the chocolate milk! Santa didn't get to bed though until 5am as "he" was trying to stuff stockings, wrap presents & get a letter typed up and the printer was being a pain!

Next post..."Santa Was Here!"


~ More Info on Book ~


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved this entry.  I learned some new things and yes, I still do believe as well.  We always told our kids that when they stopped believing he stopped coming.
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

I love the story of you r little neice. what a fun auntie you are
Marti

Anonymous said...

You're one awesome Aunt!
Missie

Anonymous said...

I bet those reindeer loved the carrots...sounds like a great time!  Hugs,TerryAnn