Thursday, December 20, 2007

A bit Better...


Hi Everyone!

Well, last night I had a mini meltdown with my sister on the phone! I mentioned that on yesterday's post about telling people how they should feel etc. Then I talked with the boyfriend...sigh...got some things out in the open how I have been feeling lately with us. We'll see if it changes?! At least he knows now. I'm really pooped because I only slept about 2 hours last night & I think 4 the night before. Seeing my car for the first time since the accident yesterday was really hard. I was in a lot of shock that day so I don't think it really absorbed until yesterday. I was very scared that day & felt odd until yesterday...like what did actually happen etc and yesterday I think reality smacked me in the face and I'm not sure how to totally process it yet. My mom had said if I was flipping airborne then Angels were holding me in the air & set me down gentle enough to not cause me to have injuries. You know mom's are always right! HA! I don't doubt it though...it certainly could be.

I got my St. Christopher medal out of my car today & as we were cleaning it up I found in the back pocket of my seat a flyer on our family friend Fr. Richie who died almost 3 yrs ago. There were pictures on it of him & still in there? He was in there with me & I have no doubt he was helping me out also! I think I will make sure to place in back in a new vehicle I get! :-) They gave me a Mazda CX7 because that is all they had so I only had to pay $2.88 extra a day beyond the $25 a day I have from my car insurance. I wanted to upgrade to a large size but this is a SUV category which should be like $40. I was happy, though I'm not sure I like this one. It has 4 wheel drive all the time & has dual exhaust..16+ tank...$50 to fill it! YIPES! I had my dad try to start my car. He couldn't at first but then did get it to go...I wanted to know how much gas I had in my tank that now would be wasted...very little...YA! Ha!

I think Chris & I are going to take more pictures tomorrow. I was much better today with my dad when I went to clean it out. That surprised me. My dad made me drive, which was hard & I was tired so I didn't want to because if something happened to him...but I wasn't too bad. I know there were times he was talking to me & I realized I was not listening because I was paying attention so much to driving & a few times I didn't realize until I was done but I did some deep sighs...so...but not too bad. After he left I did go grocery shopping and got something to eat on the way home. It was pouring when I finished getting my groceries which I was not thrilled about.


I'm not sure yet if I'll go up north to see Dr. Z. for my foot. I can't remember when my apt was so I'll have to go to sleep & get up earlier...we'll see. Maybe I can change it for later or right after Christmas instead. Both my ankles are bothering me a bit. My inside right wrist kinda feels odd this evening. When I bend my hand back toward the outside of my arm this cord thing sticks out & is sore? That arm I had on the wheel as I was flipping & the other up on the ceiling...maybe I irritated it a bit. Just today it is bothering me though? My knee a bit still...may go to the orthoped to check out both & make sure.

Well, I'll keep you posted. I'm really not even thrilled about going to look for a new car. I was telling my baby I am sooo sorry it got hurt & thank you for protecting me. I know I'm pathetic but...oh when I talked to the commander for our county patrol about how to go about getting a police report...he was so lovely with me. He asked how I was doing and said he has seen so many & it is very frightening & it is normal to feel this way & I will for awhile etc...he just like talked to me" for a while. I kept thanking him for his time & said I didn't want to take up his time & he is like you aren't etc... ha!He said when I get the officers names off the report to call him back & he'll give me their phone numbers to contact them. Just a sweet guy! I'll have to add him to the thank you list.

Well, I think I'll go get in my pjs & lay down. I know if I do I'll fall asleep. I was dozing when my mom was talking to me on the phone so...more later! (I initially did not repeat myself...copying & pasting thing! Ha! I fixed though!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad things are getting a bit better for you.  It will take you awhile toget over this for sure.  You did have an angel on your shoulder.  It's a miracle!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

so very glad you are ok..... this will take some time to process, but it is always good to think you were kept safe.

Have a gentle holiday:)
judi

Anonymous said...

I'm still so thankful you were okay!  Have a good weekend.
Missie

Anonymous said...

To this day, I have a phobia of driving on wet highways because of the accident I had.  I'm not talking about just a little un-ease.  It's the reaction you'd get by sticking a claustrophobic in an 24 inch piece of concrete pipe.  My blood pressure sky rockets, my respirations are rapid and shallow, and my autonomic (sp?) nervous system kicks in.  

I've tried self-hypnosis because my mother told me that (in her opinion) one of the few things that hypnosis is good for is for dealing with irrational fears.  It's helped a little bit.

So glad that you are ok.  I don't blame you for not wanting to have to shop for a new car but it beats the alternative, yes?  

Happy Holidays!  Merry Christmas!  & Fabulous Festivus;)

Chris
http://inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings.blogspot.com