Saturday, December 1, 2007

A Christmas MEME


                 

Got is from Winivere!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? 
Definitely Hot Chocolate
Love this company's - Ron & Franks
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?  
Santa wraps!
 
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?  
White but colored on wreaths & outside sometimes 

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
 
I have made some bunches.
Hang in a few places!
 
5. When do you put up your decorations? 
When I can. 

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
 
Perogi! YUM! Potato & some Cheese ones
All the women in the family use to make them
when I was a kid.
 
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: 
Christmas Eves...my dad b-day & we'd have like 50+
people at our house! Santa would visit. 
 
  
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
At one of the Christmas Eve's
I sat on Santa's lap & Santa had the same
glasses as Tom next door!
I looked at his eyes & listened to his
voice & the light bulb went off. 

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Well when I was little from relatives but
Santa came in the morning & my folks
gifts were then too. Now my nieces
get them on Christmas Eve. We still do
in the morning. And it is still hard to
get my siblings up! Ugh!
 
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
In the house my folks sold a few yrs ago, we'd
have a 15-16ft tree! Took a long time! This
was for 28 yrs! My dad would put the lights
up, chasing Dusty off the ladder at times! Ha!
He'd do the ornaments & tinsel on the top &
I'd do the rest. They were mostly old
ornaments from my grandparents & then
some new ones. We had a separate kids
tree with the ones we made as kids or just
kids type. My nieces would help with that one.
I decorate mine with with a combination of
woodsy ones, some glass and use bows on the
end. I'll take pix!
 
 
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
I LOVE IT! Especially where I grew up!
Lots of trees so it looked like a ice castle!
I love to walk in it with the hush talking & the
crunch a bit of your boots in it. Light fluffly flakes
falling. It is sooo beautiful. The ice & slush you can have!

12. Can you ice skate?
Not really! 

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
 I really like the ornaments my mom gets me 
She has them dated & then hides them so well
that she can't remember where
& so I get them a  yr or two later! HA!
 
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
LOVE! Watching the kids!
Buying gifts for people from my heart...
I like the memories, the Christmas Lights,
smells of holiday food...it is all LOVE!  
 

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
 
Christmas Cookies! 
 
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  
Buying a Tree with my dad!
When our relatives use to come over!
17. What tops your tree?  
I have a grapevine star on one &
my bedroom tree has silver
twisted things coming up!
 
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?  
Giving

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Carol of the Bells!  

20. Candy Canes? 
YES!
My folks got us those like 10lb ones
when we were kids once! HA!
21. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? Or is it still magical for you?
Not for me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great answers.  I actually have no recollection of HOW or WHEN I found out that Santa was a big fat lie.....I guess the trauma of it all was overwhelming;)

Have a great weekend!
Chris
http://inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great answers-come see mine
http://journals.aol.co.uk/specialadyfink/Anyway...../
connie

Anonymous said...

well I am going to do this one
Marti

Anonymous said...

Great answers!  I think I shall do this myself at some point!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/