Saturday, September 6, 2008

PBS: Randy Pausch


Hi Everyone!

I'm sorry I wasn't able to remind you sooner but Dr. Randy Pausch's Last Lecture is playing on PBS now. Started at 10am! It will be also repeated on Sept 9th at 11:30 & then Sept 14th at 4:30am & 6:30am. Perhaps you can put a tape in or DVR it.

It was perfect timing as I just was assigning it & the Diane Sawyer show of him in my classes. You can also watch both on this link above!

I also highly recommend his book! There is more in there than just what is in the The Last Lecture. I donated 2 to our school's library in fact.

Unfortunately, Dr. Pausch passed away July 25th after battling Pancreatic Cancer so heroicly in my opinion. We need more spirits like him in the world! Lets hope his 3 children will have his spirit in him for our next generations!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have that book, but haven't read it yet. I've heard that it's remarkable and moving.

Beth

Anonymous said...

I love watching his last lecture!  He was one of kind.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I have the book and am passing it on to my niece.  It is full of wonderful things!
Lori