Sunday, April 13, 2008

This weekend


Hi Everyone!

I went to see Nim's Island with my bros & my niece Sat. I really liked it. I'm not sure for the same reasons they did...I just kept thinking of living on that island preferrably with someone of the male persuasion! ;-) Heck, you fight you can go to your respected sides of the island for a little while & then make up later! HA! It looked soooo lovely...ok except for the SuperWorms. Heck Sam & Ella eat them & they never look tasty to me. Sam & Ella would love the island. Not sure if my boys would? Oh & especially since there was a supply boat coming once a week...that is a plus! :-) I could still get my magazines and books! HA! Lets see what else...SPF gotta have, think Victoria Secret would deliver? Then again, island alone with one guy...not many Secrets! HA! The movie was cute & Jodi Foster's character can be used for my Abnormal Psych class! YA! I did like the guy in the movie...very cute! My niece told me he is in P.S. I Love You also. I didn't get to see that. I'll see if it is at our SuperSaver.

I took my little niece to Barnes & Noble to get the book. She was listening to music there for a while also. I picked up the cd to "A Lot Like Love" & then Paul Potts...he's the guy who was selling cell phones & did opera for the British American Idol & just blew everyone away! I love the emotion that I feel when I listen to him, Il Divo, Josh Groban, Andrea Bocelli etc. They reach something so deep in me. [Funny the opera scene in Fifth Element is on right now! :-) ] I got the new Scientific American Mind also. I need to really order that.

Then we picked up pizza & had a little party for me. My bro got me a big chocolate chip cookie with Happy Birthday on it. I'll add the picture here after he emails it to me. He got me a subscription to Oprah's Magazine. Well, I buy it on the stands, so cheaper this way. I don't know why I haven't renewed it. My sis said she was coming down with a cold so we post-poned the party a bit until 2 weeks from now. But then my bro later said she was on a date Sat night so...but maybe she just had things to do on Sun? I don't know? My little niece was making sure we would have the Portillo's chocolate cake then. HA! So I told her sister to come in 2 weeks. My folks have colds again in AZ. 2nd one they've had this winter. Hmmm? I think I did have an allergic reaction to something last week Monday. I was almost better the next morning & by Wed fine. I was soooo thrilled! Colds don't go away that fast. I was sneezing & had a stuffy & runny nose...I have no clue what it was that bothered me though.

Then my niece rented Alvin & the Chipmunks. My bros had not seen it. I love the dishwasher scene! Sunday we went to Bob Evans for breakfast & then I took my little niece to Wild Birds Unlimited to get myself a new finch feeder. I've had this style for about 3 years now (below). It has a yellow cap on the bottom & the perches are different colors. I love it. Got my folks one for here & in AZ & last year they bought one for a friend out there that liked theirs from the year before. When I was putting up my lights I realized mine had had it. BTW...my lights are out already! Ugh! Have to go see why tomorrow morning. I was ready to head to bed about 11 but I put some laundry in & did a few things around here. Going to sleep in just a bit. Man...odd for me. I took my little niece to Michaels also to see if they had the marble cross they broke on me not wrapping it before they placed it in my bag. They are small ones you can make things with. I'm making some keychains. She wanted something to do so I got her a paint by number set. Do you remember those? :-) It was only $3.99 & the butterflies kites I got we couldn't do today, though we saw one flying in the subdivision...just too coold for me today. She did a bit of the painting & left it to dry for next time. She was sooooo excited.

I took her home this evening & then stopped at our new Super Walmart for some "fishies" for my boys...they were completely out & I would have been in big trouble. My tummy has been bothering me a bit though? Something at Bob Evans I guess? Well, I'm going to go lay down. I'm sure I'll be out not long after that. See...1am already! HA!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem to get all the joy out of life that you possibly can.  It all sounds wonderful to me!
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

have a great week

Anonymous said...

Ps I love you  is a really sweet movie. you'll like it
Marti

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your week.
Missie

Anonymous said...

You know, sometimes that song in your background entertains me, and sometimes it just creeps me out, esp. when I forget about it and then boom! it's there  :)

I love those decorated birthday cookies, bird feeders, and Alvin and the Chipmunks (the movie). My wife loves Oprah and used to subscribe to her mag, so I'll give you a pass on that :)

Dan
http://journals.aol.com/slapinions/SlapInions-com