Saturday, July 22, 2006

The Woodpeckers Have To Go

Well, still not doing too great. Foot is not cooperating. Had to call Dr. Z. already Friday. Today not good. May have to go in Mon (a week early). I know he is probably going to put me in a cast but what can I do if I can't even walk on it without pain anyway. Hard to keep me down. Just the thought of 2 yrs now & still it is not working like it should & letting me be "ME!" Ugh!  I think he already knew he was going to have to. He tries to go slow with me because I don't take it well. At least he can say he tried & I can realize it is really the best for me. So what color should I get if I have to? I had hot pink last summer, and purple I think too. He usually takes them off every 2 weeks & sees how it is & puts a new one on. Last time it was 9 weeks! Ugh! I think this time it isn't the same thing though. He said it was the tendon coming down my leg & attaching to my heel. That is why I have the tarsal tunnel syndrome. But then it is also feeling like it is tearing with the muscle they repaired...I don't know I'll ask him when I go in & get back to you.

I have a lot to journal on but I'm not sure where to start & it may be a bit out of order when I do but that is how my whole family has been since Steve died. Well, I'll start with this...my dad sent it to me & I couldn't stop laughing when I saw the pix! Enlarge it...to see better! Good to start laughing!

Everything I need to know about life, I learned from Noah's Ark...

1.  Don't miss the boat. 

2.
 Remember that we are all in the same boat.

3. Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

4. Stay fit. When you're 600 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big.

5. Don't listento critics; just get on with the job that needs to be done.

6. Build your future on high ground.

7. For safety  sake, travel in pairs.

8. Speed isn't always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs. 

9. When you're stressed, float a while. 

9. Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professionals.

10. No matter the storm, when you are with God, there's always a rainbow waiting.
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this one!  Take care!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Prays to ya and purple would make alovely cast. The Arch, I loved that one. It was up on my fridge for ages. Thanks for sharing cause I'm gonna reprint from here.

Brenda

Anonymous said...

Those were some great thoughts to ponder...  :)

Sorry to hear that your foot is not cooperating like it should be.  I imagine a cast in the summer is going to be pretty uncomfortable, but you sound like an old hat at having to wear one..

I hope you recuperate quickly!

Jackie