Monday, March 20, 2006

St. Pat's Pix

Hey, here are a few pix from my St. Pat's evening. I met my sister for dinner. Mom usually makes me Corn Beef & Cabbage for my birthday dinner since it is the next day but this year the folks are in AZ for the winter so I had to go out for some. Dad joked I could come out there but...

We headed to an Irish restaurant called Sam McGuire's but they closed the restaurant in favor of a huge tent & like 500 drunk people! HA! Well, you can't blame them, that is where they will make the $$. Craziness! The poor cops there! Then we tried Hackneys...almost as bad. Finally, we settled at Fox's.

We had a blast! They had dance troupes of kids, bagpipes & a few irish singers. I never got some green beads & some buttons...and no I didn't have to do anything for them! Ha!

The Corn Beef dinner was good but a bit cold at first. Forgot it would be like double the price than normal! HA! I had a grasshopper! No, not of the insect persuasion! The green drink! I had never had one before. Not too bad. Green ranch dressing, green horseradish...ha! Some workers were all dressed up and they had free face painting.  I was going to get my face painted but she left before I could get her to do it. My sis was just laughing. She just thinks I'm goofy but it just makes the spirit feel so good when you can have fun right! I had fun & that is all that matters! ;-)

It was even more fun watching the kids! There was this one little boy, I thought he would topple over with all the beads he had on. It was like some kind of status thing! Ha! All the girls were after him...smart little boy! HA! Then hearing these young girls grill this one boy "You SO like her!" Ha! I was just laughing so hard. I thought, I wonder how different it is when we get older...girls telling the guys they really do like a girl or convincing them into it! HA! There were quite a few gentlemen wishing me a Happy St. Patricks day...though I don't know how much they had drank already! Ha!

Well, maybe next year I'll have even more fun. I'd love to go to one of the parades even. Oh...I thought I would share some music with you too. Check out
Ken Keating's songs on his website. Not too bad, but a bit over the top on some songs.

Someone just sent me this joke & I had to share the laugh:

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


John O'Reilly hoisted his beer and said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life, between the legs of me wife!" 
That won him the top prize at the pub for the best toast of the night!

He went home and told his wife, Mary, "I won the prize for the Best toast of the night.
She said, "Aye, did ye now. And what was your toast?" John said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life, sitting in church beside me wife."

"Oh, that is very nice indeed, John!" Mary said.

The next day, Mary ran into one of John's drinking buddies on the street corner. The man chuckled leeringly and said, "John won the prize the other night at the pub with a toast about you, Mary."

She said, "Aye, he told me, and I was a bit surprised myself. You know, he's only been there twice in the last four years. Once he fell asleep, and the other time I had to pull him by the ears to make him come."

No comments: