Thursday, May 19, 2005

Define Your Moment


I received the quotes below in my email & really liked them! This really goes along with my previous journal on "Decisions".

"We cannot tell what may happen to us in the strange medley of life. But we can decide what happens in us -- how we can take it, what we do with it -- and that is what really counts in the end."

-- Joseph Fort Newton

"When a defining moment comes along, you can do one of two things. Define the moment, or let the moment define you."

-- Tin Cup (the movie)

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

-- Neil Peart

I love the 2nd quote being from "Tin Cup"! I love Costner's character's tenaciousness! I would do the same thing! HA! And sooo true how years from then they would not remember who won but they will remember him & that shot!

The last quote is quite meaningful as well! I was raised "If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the problem!" Deciding not to do something is like a sin to me! Very few times I have not tried to help when I thought I should. Those few times are close to something I regret. I say close because I have to believe God did not want me to or I would have. Perhaps it was a test for me to remember for later, or perhaps it was for someone else to help. Anything I really wanted in my life I have always attempted. I really do not understand why people do not take the chance & TRY? I've always said to others, "tell me why other people can have what you want & not you? What do they have that allows them to have it & not you?" Maybe it is attempting a career or maybe it is asking someone out! I mean if you try, maybe the answer will be "NO!" but at least you now know & will not always wonder. You have everything to gain & nothing to really lose!  Taking risks in life is what life is all about! It really defines the person! To have courage & the inner strength in your spirit to dare to be wrong, or hurt, or not realize your dream, is what defining your moment or LIFE is all about! :-)

No comments: