Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Decisions, Decisions?


Man, life is just one decision after another isn't it! But then again, I don't think I would want people making all my decisions for me now so.....

Today I got these quotes in my email & found them very thought provoking!

Struggling With A Decision?

"You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind."

-- Dale Carnegie

My anxiety level spiked the other day as I wrestled with whether to choose option A or option B. I was so afraid of making the wrong choice!

And then I remembered, with deep gratitude, Susan Jeffers’ sage advice: There are no wrong decisions! Whatever we might choose in life will bring valuable experiences if we are open to receive them.

“Lighten up! Whatever happens as a result of your decision, you’ll handle it!”

-- Susan Jeffers

These are sooo true! The last one is really "Everything happens for a reason" Hard to take when it is very sad or horrible circumstances. It is only in hindsight that we can understand why. There is also a saying "If God Takes You To It, He'll Get You Through It" I find that interesting?!

It is always amazing to me how people want to tell you how you made the wrong decision. For who? Why do they presume the decision they would make for themselves should be for you? Would they want you to make decisions for them? So then why do they feel they have to for you? Then again perhaps it is just because they love & care for you & don't want to see you hurt...like parents? But then I say I can use the same defense to make decisions for them sooo....

Now don't take any of this to mean that it is ok to make careless decisions. Not thinking about the possible consquences etc is not what this is about! And certainly some people don't handle things as well as others. Some do have drastic consequences but ideally if you work through it & learn from it, you will benefit. As Richard Gere's character "Ike" says in"Runaway Bride" - "I'm a work in progress!" :-)

No comments: