Friday, April 29, 2005

Patience is a Virtue? Right!


Ugh! I just received an email with the following quote from Louise Hay of Hay House Publishing.

"When I'm impatient, I know it's because I don't want to take the time to learn the lesson at hand. I want it done now. Has this feeling ever happened to you? I once heard, "Instant gratification is not soon enough." There's always something to learn, something to know. Patience is being at peace with the process of life, knowing that everything happens in the perfect time/space sequence. If I'm not having completion now, then there's something more for me to know. Being impatient doesn't speed up the process; it only wastes time.

So breathe, go within, and ask, "What is it I need to know?" Then patiently wait to receive the help that is all around you. "All is well. I have everything I need now."

Now at times I can be a very patient person. Really! In fact at times people want you to be faster than you are willing to progress. Lately, I am noticing all the college students speeding on the highway going home for breaks & thinking "God was I really like that at one time?" Funny thing is I don't feel like I need to get where I am going so quickly anymore! Getting a bit more sleep after the alarm has gone off...tons of patience in getting in the shower! HA! :-) Lying on a warm beach listening to ocean waves...try to get me up to do something! Giving a massage? Waiting for one..no problem as long as I get it! :-) 

Then again I have many more moments of thinking Patience is a bunch of Crock! :-) A lesson I have to learn? God should just email it to me! "You don't go to bed now you'll have a headache tomorrow!" Ok God! I'm in bed! See how easy that would work! Why do I have to suffer with a headache for 4 hours to learn...and I might not even know it is from skimping on sleep...maybe I think it is someone who is annoying me! Ha! Seems like everyone has a different Patience Barometer! Some have to wait longer than others! What is the deal with that! What is the appropriate time to wait for any given situation? Tell me wait an hour, I might argue "why" but at least I know when the lesson is arriving!

One of my favorite friends in the world is from India.  He is  a retired professor & would have us all breathing & doing meditation all the time. He'd tell everyone to breathe 10 slow deep breaths & then quickly tell me "You take 20!" Ha! Maybe that is why God has to be so drastic with me to get me to "sit still"? But there is too much fun in life to sit still! I can sit still later in life when my body won't go fast anymore...of course maybe I'm wearing it out sooner? Hmmm? Then again, "Use it or lose it" right!  ;-) My minds the same way! Ever notice how fast Robin Williams mind goes! Dang! I'm nowhere near him! Life is just full of too much fun to be so patient! :-) Then again, maybe I just need 20 deep breaths right now?!  Lets just hope God is patient enough with me! :-)

No comments: