Monday, November 27, 2006

No Flies On Me....Well..


I just emailed Dr. Dyer what happened in class today. We have been having unseasonably warm weather. Today in class as something was flying near me I put out my hand in the direction & commented to my students, look there are still insects flying around & the fly landed on my hand. They all were agast on how that happened. Then it would not leave my hand. I was waving it, then waving it upside down...wouldn't budge...just cleaned its wings etc. I laughed & said, sure Dr. Dyer's daughter & he have butterflies landing on them & I get flies! HA! Though I guess we should not value butterflies necessarily better than flies! I then said, "Are you the fly on my wall wanting to listen in?" "What family member are you?" HA! We had a great time. One of my students suggested it was pooping on me though! HA! I said sure out of the whole term the one thing you will all remember is this fly. You'll all be saying on campus that I attracts flies! HA! Maybe I still have some work to do but I'm getting further along on the path of wellness! :-)  Did you see Dr. Dyer's new show on PBS? He talks about the butterfly on the cover of his new book Intention...story of one that would not leave his hand for hours.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silly fly! Cute story, thanks for sharing it.
Hugs,
Shadie

Anonymous said...

Those lecturers who can have a bit of an interaction for even 2 minutes are those lecturers with who we learn best, they are the greatest, especially in psychology
What I visualised was funny
Valerie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/iiimagicxx/surreality/