Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Ratatouille is Superb!


Hi!

Well, I'm sorry I've been kinda busy with this new man in my life! ;-) And then classes started 2 weeks ago so that is some time. Then there is taking Sam & Ella back & forth to the vet...I think today might be the last time though. She repaired some of Sam's shell so it should be ok now.

I almost needed to have the vet work on me! I open my door on my SUV & this white moth attacks my face! I turned my head & whacked my eyebrow bone on my door. Hurt down to my jaw. Got an ice pack to drive. Then later a store door bit me in my upper arm. Small bruise there now....bad juju today I swear! Got my new glasses with the new lightweight lenses. Some newer lightweight stuff. Not sure I like the frames as much as when I tried them on? We'll see. Then I got Sam home & he had to stay out of his tank until 10pm to dry completely and I had him in his little plastic tank on the counter. It was completely on the counter I was watching him stand on his back legs toward the back & then he toppled backwards & down came the tank on the floor, he came out & on his back. Ugh! I'm hoping he is ok. I think he has a harder shell than I do though. HA!

Of course this weekend was Father's Day weekend so I spent some time with my dad & family. My older of my two bro, my little niece & I went to the early release of Ratatouille on Sat. It was AWESOME! It was packed too & everyone at the end clapped. When was the last time you heard that. We had such a great time. It was so cute & my niece has the cutest laugh & everyone was enjoying her laughing. I had a good time myself...especially when I got vibrated by my phone that was ummm...in my front pocket...oh my god I felt so bad...ya it was HIM! I'm like you can't do that to me when I'm with a bunch of kids watching a Disney film! HA! He wanted to make sure I got up north ok. He is so sweet. I like how he worries about me being safe.

They previewed some great looking movies. License to Wed with Robin Williams looks funny. There is one called Enchanted where it starts out as a cartoon & then the witch pushes the princess down the well & she comes up a sewer into a real world. Now the prince has to come save her...ya ya ya...how about Patrick Dempsey is in it....Ok, I'll get my ticket now! HA! I think it doesn't come out until Nov. There was one being advertised for next summer. My niece was sooo upset. "How can they do that...that is not fair" she said! HA!

My dad seemed to like the books of '50s & '60s cars. He wasn't moving on opening presents, saying look this was your uncle's to my mom & this was...I just knew he would like it. He can show his granddaughter. Got him a 2 CD of Willie Nelson. I couldn't believe he likes him...and the Tao of Willie book. I read a bit & it seemed pretty good. I've got my dad reading which he never had time to do before he retired.

My baby bro (shhh don't tell him I said that) brought a bean bag game he got for Father's day. It is a collapsible one that goes in a bag. We had fun. It was my first time playing & I actually got a few in the hole. Then my nieces friends came over & played & had some ice cream with us.

I left as my dad was showing pix to my bro & his girlfriend. I wanted to get back home & see someone! ;-) Yep, I did...hee hee!

Here is a pic of my daddy & me when I was about 2 or 3 yrs I would guess.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you didn't have a good day.  Hope all your injuries are okay! LOL
Missie

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have been keeping very busy.  Ratatouille is a movie I think I want to see.  It looks kike fun.
Smiles,
David

Anonymous said...

Darn your injuries sound like me!  Hope you'll be okay.
~D

Anonymous said...

I can't say I've heard of this movie.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see Ratatouille...

Sounds like you have been busy... but good busy!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

you need to find a spot and sit still for a bit, sounds like
Love,
Marti