Monday, February 21, 2005

Labyrinth

Check it out: http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/parks/labyrinth/walk.htm

And: http://www.labyrinths.org/

 

I had the wonderful experience of walking the Labyrinth at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island a few years back. This meditation provided valuable insights!

 

As I progressed through the maze I would curve around & it appeared to be going back to where I came from, yet I was still progressing. Interesting! Many times in life we feel like we are going backwards but we may still be progress, it just feels like we are not.

 

I would also see peole I had seen earlier.Life is amazing! People come in & out of our lives at varies points on our path! It is wise to remember this as we think we are saying "goodbye" when it may just be "see you later" really.

 

It is quite interesting that where you begin on your path is the same place you end. Also as you begin your journey on the path, people are ending their journey & as you end your journey, new people are beginning.

 

It is also interesting to watch the pace of various walkers. What was the hurry to end? Did they enjoy the path? Were they mindful of everything they could be along their path? What are they missing in life?

 

 

 

No comments: